[vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

Wed, 14 May 2003 11:00:31 -0700

On Wed 14 May 03, 10:37 AM, Ricardo Anguiano <anguiano@codesourcery.com> opined:
> Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> writes:
> >>
> >> How?  Can you given an example?
> >
> > not releasing beta copies of gcc that don't compile the kernel.
>
> Yeah, that's a not good.  Thankfully gcc is not hard to install from
> source.

heh.  no thanks.   :)

> > apt and apt related tools
>
> Apt for redhat:
> http://apt.freshrpms.net/

does it come with apt by default?

in addition, debian allows you to run a *very* stable operating system,
an up to date system, or a truly bleeding edge system, depending on what
you want to set up.  you can even mix and match all three, so you can,
for instance, run a very rock solid system but have truly bleeding edge
copies of the mesa and sdl libraries, for instance.

pete