[vox-tech] Setting up VirtualHosts

Jay Strauss vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:54:12 -0500

Hi,

I'm googling all over, trying everything, and can't get this to work.  My
server works both ssl/clear text (from before I started messing with this).

I want my server to respond to:
    testwww.heyjay.com
    www.heyjay.com
    testssl.heyjay.com
    ssl.heyjay.com

this way I can have a development and production enviroment, ssl and non
ssl.  I get a "server error" when I try with all the addresses.  All the
above addresses resolve to the same address (we'll not yet because dns
hasn't propogated, so i'm using my hosts file (but that's besides the
point)).  I can NOT get this httpd.conf (or variations) to work.  I'm sure
I'm doing something stupid (or uninformed).  Could someone give me a hand:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost testwww.heyjay.com:80>
   ServerName  testwww.heyjay.com
   SSLEngine off
   DocumentRoot /var/www/heyjay/testwww
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.heyjay.com:80>
   ServerName  www.heyjay.com
   SSLEngine off
   DocumentRoot /var/www/heyjay/www
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost testssl:443>
   ServerName  testssl.heyjay.com
   DocumentRoot /var/www/heyjay/testssl
   SSLEngine on
   SSLCertificateFile server.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile server.key
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost ssl.heyjay.com:443>
   ServerName  ssl.heyjay.com
   DocumentRoot /var/www/heyjay/ssl