[vox-tech] missing vim

Ricardo Anguiano vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
13 May 2003 16:04:45 -0700

Jonathan McPherson <jamcp@ucdavis.edu> writes:

I didn't know the answers to your other questions.

> > I am not sure what you mean.  Do you have a short example?
>
> Sure.
>
> def printstuff():
> 	print "some stuff"
> 	print "some other stuff"
>
> becomes
>
> def printstuff():
> ----(2 lines)--------------

Ah, ok.  Open your source code with emacs and type:

        M-x speedbar

Files and functions appear inside a separate window.  Click on the
name to jump to that function.  I do not know how many languages it
supports. See the speedbar info pages.

There may be better ways that I don't know about.

> One other question, and I can't believe I forgot this one.
>
> Are there emacs commands for moving forward or backwards to a specific
> character? I use f/F and t/T (and ;) all the time in vim and it saves me
> from spending a lot of time holding down arrow keys.

C-s search forward
C-r search backward

--
Ricardo Anguiano