[vox-tech] debian way to set hdparm and xset on start

Ted Deppner vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 12:07:22 -0700

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:50:33AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > > in short, /usr/local is protected, for use by the administrator.
> >
> > Yes, that's widely accepted fact, that wasn't the context of the question.
>
> it was for me.

Hmmm, okay.

Well, the debian docs do actually state that /etc/rc.boot is the preferred
location for boot scripts, which was the precise request of the original
poster.  /usr/local/etc/init.d was shot down on debian-policy in 1999.

I enjoy learning and sharing on the lugod lists... pity that can't happen
more often.

PS: Seems like you're uncomfortable admitting you are wrong.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/