[vox-tech] cvs help - file not showing up in working copy of repository

Dave Peticolas vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
12 May 2003 13:15:19 -0700

--=-lcyPoRwF4Cty9DGagvKW

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 11:41, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> in addition, i just found out that a directory which i removed from the
> cvs repository a long time ago, is still on his system.  i would've
> thought it would be removed.

Add a -P (for 'prune') to the update command. This will delete
directories which are empty. If that directory is not empty but
contains non-controlled files, you'll have to delete the directory
by hand.

As Ken said, you generally want -d as well, so:

cvs up -dP is a common command. You can create a .cvsrc file
in your home directory to provide default arguments which should
be used even if you don't specify them. Here is my .cvsrc file,
with annotations I added for this email:

diff -u       Use unified format
rdiff -u      ditto
update -dP    Create new dirs and prune empty dirs
checkout -P   Prune empty dirs

dave

--=-lcyPoRwF4Cty9DGagvKW

--=-lcyPoRwF4Cty9DGagvKW--