[vox-tech] Computer case for lots of drives...

Samuel Merritt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 14:42:24 -0700

--qtZFehHsKgwS5rPz

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:20:57PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I'm looking for a computer case that can hold a lot of hard drives=20
> (say 20 or so)... and a motherboard.
>=20
>   What I have in mind is something that is wide enough to hold 2 columns
> of 3.5" drives, and give them at least 1/2" of clearance between drives,
> multiple large fans mounted mounted in front of the case to push air=20
> across the drives...
>   The case should be able to hold a motherboard and power supply and
> needs one or two 5.25" external bays...
>=20
> Hot-swap and rack mountable is not a concern.  Price is
>=20
> - Has anyone seen something like this?  Who makes them?

I think I've seen something like this, made by Antec. I don't know if
it'll take a full 20 drives, but then, it's been a while since I saw it.=20
=20
> - Favorite sites to look at cases online, for this sort of thing?
=20
I'd check out www.antec-inc.com; you have to dig through all their
categories to find the stuff you're looking for. There's not really a
"huge file server case" category.=20

>     Thanks,
>       Mike
>=20
> --=20
> GPG key: http://simons-clan.com/~msimons/gpg/msimons.asc
> Fingerprint: 524D A726 77CB 62C9 4D56  8109 E10C 249F B7FA ACBE

--=20
Samuel Merritt
OpenPGP key is at http://meat.andcheese.org/~spam/spam_at_andcheese_dot_org=
.asc