[vox-tech] Troubleshooting system freezes?

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 08 May 2003 13:46:57 -0400

--ZjLa2K+dB9SFbrgo

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 01:40:19AM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> I've got an old computer that I'm trying to set up linux on, but it seems=
 to=20
> freeze after running for a while. It doesn't feel hot, and the install we=
nt=20
> fine. Anyone have any ideas as to what to check? I'm currently running a =
ram=20
> check. There were no kernel error messages, and magic SysRq did not work=
=20
> (This is Redhat 9, not sure if it's enabled by default)

  Didn't give an "era" for this machine... but look into if apm is
enabled... try disabling it (check in BIOS menu too).  Some machines=20
hang if the system goes into power save mode...

- About how long does the machine last before it locks up?

--=20

--ZjLa2K+dB9SFbrgo

--ZjLa2K+dB9SFbrgo--