[vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:21:52 -0500

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:26:04PM -0800, Robin Snyder wrote:
> >   Now wiggle the mouse around and verify that you can use it on the
> > console.  You should be able to highlight things with the left button
> > and paste them with the middle button.
>
> My usual mouse (the RemotePoint mouse) is a two-button mouse, so
> perhaps the above config. needs adjusting.  However, it wasn't just
> pasting that was a problem but basic mouse movement.  On the plus
> side, the Logitech mouse now pastes with the middle button.  (I also
> changed XF86Config-4 as below.)

Robin,

  Okay so you didn't explain the current state of what works and what
does not work.

  I imagine that both mouses work for movement, but you can not paste
things with the two button mouse (even with pressing both buttons
at once).  If this is correct, then we can get the two button mouse
working for paste as well.

  If the two button mouse pastes as well (with both buttons), we are
done.

  Otherwise you need to explain what is working and what doesn't...

    Later,
      Mike

ps:

When I wrote this:
#   Please do the following steps and report back on status.  If the
# Remotepoint mouse is a two button mouse then let me know the steps
# are written for a three button mouse and would need correction for a
# two button mouse.

  I meant don't even try the steps below if the conditions above were
not true (both three button mice).