[vox-tech] Squirrel Mail Authentication Problems

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
23 Mar 2003 01:14:23 -0800

I think I have imap set up incorrectly. In the manual it says that if
authdaemon isn't running, imap won't work correctly. I have never used
imap before and I can't seem to locate the log file for courier.

In /var/log/messages I see this line:

Mar 22 06:54:33 the45 authdaemon: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: No
such file or directory

So it looks like the authdaemon isn't working correctly.

What imapd do you use? I am using courier only because that is what SM
recommends.

I forgot to mention this, but I had run that configure script. I set the
imap server to courier but I dont see any option to set the auth_type to
userdb.

I'll tweak around SM after I get the imap configured properly. Do you
know how to access the courier log?

-ryan