[vox-tech] Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

Robin Snyder vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:28:54 -0800 (PST)

> Robin,
>
>   I also need output from:
> ls -l /dev/mouse
> ... now that I see this data it could be anything.

Mike,

/dev/mouse points to gpmdata.  (Sorry for the delay.  Crunch time at work.)

ls -l /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Jan 31  2002 /dev/mouse -> gpmdata|

In case you need it, here is gpm.conf again.

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=ms3
type=ps2
append=""

I've also tried using device /dev/psaux.  No difference that I can see.
Important question: when I edit XF86Config-4, what do I need to do to
ensure that the new config file is being used?  I want to make sure I'm
properly testing my changes.

			- robin.