[vox-tech] Recovering data

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:51:16 -0800 (PST)

Wow! Yeah, I just tested this on a newer system and it appears that the
older 2GB limit was dropped somewhere between the older and the newer 2.4
series kernels and ext2. There is nothing in the kernel changes file for
ext2 either.

Last notice in the CHANGES file ref max filesize is for .5:
"- Check that no data can be written to a file past the 2GB limit."

Obviously this is no longer true based on your report and the test I just
completed. I guess I'll have to look at the src to really know for sure.
:-)

-ME