[vox-tech] replaced video card - get blank screen

Kevin Hooke vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:04:40 -0800

I recently replaced the video card in my desktop (dual boot Suse8.0/WinXP)
from an ATI Radeon AIW to a Radeon 9500.

When I now boot in linux I get the Suse Lilo boot menu, and then past that
point all I get is a blank screen. I've tried booting to just textmode
(runlevel 2), but same thing - blank screen (I know the card is ok because
it works fine in XP)

I have an rpm for the latest drivers for the 9500 card - is there any way I
can install them using rescue mode (this does display text ok) or something
similar, or is the easiest way just to put the orginal card back in, install
the new drivers, then put the new card in (I should have done this in the
first place if I was thinking straight :-0

I've tried to telnet in from another machine to install the driver that way,
but it seems I don't have telnetd running (I can't connect).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin