[vox-tech] full screen media player

ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:12:44 -0800 (PST)

Actually, I found that VLC works great, full screens and plays dvds.
It is
fine for playing my divx and dvds so far, I found that it isn't the most
reliable at playing other avis I have. Sometimes one file will work,
sometimes the same file wont. (is there any way to make vlc cover up my
gnome taskbar?)

I found that mplayer plays anything under the sun, it has played every
file I've thrown at it, even files that don't play under windoze. I found
that 'mplayer -fs -vm' gave me mediocre results. It scaled some files to
take up the entire screen, but it displayed most videos larger than their
default but still much smaller than full screen. 'mplayer -fs -zoom' blew
everything up to full screen but it was pretty laggy and the audio sync
was horribly off.

-ryan