[vox-tech] Burning CD's in Linux

Robert G. Scofield vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:46:51 -0800

I'm trying to get my CDRW to work under Linux.  I'm following some directions
from the CD Write How To, and from another website.  I'm at the point where I
am supposed to type "cdrecord -scanbus."  I get this error message when I do:

"cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI
driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root."

I do not have a /dev/pg, whatever that is.  Does anyone know what this error
message means?

Also, isn't there an easier program one can use to burn CD's with?

Thank you.

Bob