[vox-tech] Perl question: determining the computer's IP address

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:35:06 -0700

sure.  you just need to be a little creative.

for machines with one IP address (disregarding lo), just use the output
of ifconfig with a little regex handling:

p@satan$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:F0:48:DF:5A
          inet addr:192.168.0.2  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          you want this.

pete