[vox-tech] Perl question: determining the computer's IP addre ss

Adrian Kalaveshi vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:53:50 -0700

Can't you just use a relative path?  i.e:

<form method=3D"post" action=3D"../cgi-bin/group.cgi">

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Crawford [mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 10:57 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] Perl question: determining the computer's IP =
address

I have a Perl script that I've written and which runs on a couple of
different web servers.  Because the script rewrites some .html files =
that
call on cgi-scripts, the script needs to know the IP address of the
computer that it's running on.  Is there an environmental variable or
something that I can call within Perl to find out the IP address so =
that I
don't have to manually recode it on each server?

On a side note, the script I've written works, but it's clumsy and
inelegant.  Is there anyone who'd be willing to look at my code and =
make
suggestions for cleaning it up?

--=20
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exup=E9ry