[vox-tech] ps2 mouse not working

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I found a workaround...

The mouse is a Logitech USB Optical Wheel Mouse with a PS/2 adapter.
I turned off the machine, unplugged the mouse, removed the adapter, and
plugged it into the USB port, and everything works.

I am still mystified though... why was Knoppix able to figure out that
there was a ps2 adapter there while no standard debian or custom-compiled
kernels were able to, and why does the USB mouse driver now hook into the
psaux device?

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing