[vox-tech] ps2 mouse not working

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:21:11 -0700

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On 2003.06.24 10:33, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Mike Simons wrote:
>=20
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:24:33AM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> > > My k6-450 died a couple of weeks ago, so I ordered an Athlon
> 2400+/ASUS
> > > A7S333 mobo/box/power supply and it arrived today. I plugged in
> the old
> > > hard disks, floppy, cdrw, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and
> everything
> > > worked except for the mouse.
> >
> > Please send output from:
> > =3D=3D=3D
> > ls -l /proc/`pidof gpm`/fd
>=20
> total 0
> lrwx------    1 root     root           64 Jun 24 09:31 0 ->
> /dev/gpmdata
> lrwx------    1 root     root           64 Jun 24 09:31 1 ->
> socket:[6670]
>=20
> > grep -v ^# /etc/gpm.conf
>=20
> device=3D/dev/psaux
> responsiveness=3D
> repeat_type=3Draw
> type=3Dimps2
> append=3D""
>=20

I think I had problems with debian gpm trying to get it to repeat ps/2=20
data, but I don't think they were the same symptoms you are encountering

Debian's gpm is a mess. See=20
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200303/msg00761.html=
=20
for more info. (I'm using some unofficial packages of 1.20.1, but they=20
don't interact with the programs already in sid that use GPM for more=20
than cut/paste)

--=20
My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu
--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--