[RESOLVED] Re: [vox-tech] Shell Scripting Question: Getting a directory name from a 'find' result

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've incorporated them into the script.  I
don't program in Perl nearly as often as I'd like to; I'd forgotten how
fun it is.  Heh.

Mike Simons said:

>>         # wwwboard.html must have 777 permissions for the wwwboard
>> software to work
>>   chmod 0777, 'wwwboard.html';
>> }
>
>   It seems odd that the software would require the .html file to be
> executable.  Are you sure it's not '666' that the software requires?
>
>   If this is the case you can "umask 0000;" at the start of the
> program, then you won't need to run this chmod operation for any
> files.

You may be right about this.  I checked the documentation for wwwboard on
Matt's Script Archive, and it said to chmod wwwboard.html to 777 there but
666 is probably sufficient.  I'll give it a try.

wwwboard is not my first choice of software for this particular situation.
 Unfortunately, it's what we've got, and the Powers that Be here are wary
of converting to a better solution since we have so many files that were
created by wwwboard.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry