[vox-tech] How to Break and Join Threads in mutt

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:50:49 -0400

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:31:10PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> many of use threaded mail readers, and starting a new thread by replying
> to an existing thread really screws up our threading.

  I agree it is annoying, there are also people who reply to a thread by
starting a new mail (which will not have the correct references, often
has a different subject, and has no relevant quotes).

  Anyway, if you are using mutt you can fix the threads for your own=20
future reference with the following keys:

#        break-thread           break the thread in two
&        link-threads           link tagged message to the current one

  (you will need to tag a message with 't' to decide where you want it
to link to... but mutt prompts you pretty well).

--=20

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM--