[vox-tech] broken mozilla

Ken Herron vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:14:57 -0700

--On Friday, June 06, 2003 11:36:34 -0700 Charles McLaughlin
<cmclaughlin@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> If I have Mozilla up and running and open a new window (ctrl+n), the new
> window starts up as a blank window.  I think new windows should go to
> the last page I visited, based on my preferences.
>
> Even if I choose, Help->About Mozilla a blank new window pops up.  This
> new window should tell me info about the build number, etc.  But I get
> nothing.... nada.
>
> Also when I open a new window, the new window always lacks the 'back'
> button.

Try running mozilla with a new profile and see if it improves the
situation. Run "mozilla -profilemanager" to open the profile manager,
then create a a new profile and use it to start mozilla.

If mozilla behaves properly with the new profile, you basically want to
delete your old profile and start using the new one. You can do this
through the profile manager, or you can just delete your ~/.mozilla
directory and let mozilla build a new one next time you launch it.  Note
that your bookmarks are stored in a file named "bookmarks.html" within
each profile; you may want to save the old file and then hand-copy it
into the new profile directory.

--
Kenneth Herron  Kherron@newsguy.com     916-366-7338