[vox-tech] Using cdrecord with remote devices?

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:53:03 -0400

--hdW7zL/qDS6RXdAL

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:04:38PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> I was just looking at the cdrecord manpage, and see that it can use a SCS=
I=20
> device on a remote host. Does anybody know how this works, and how to set=
 it=20
> up? This is something I would like to do.

Ryan,

/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.rscsi.gz
=3D=3D=3D
The Remote-SCSI protocol gives you SCSI-Anywhere features.

There are three possible ways to control access to the remote users:
=3D=3D=3D

It appears that ssh can be used to provide the tunnel by doing a
  export RSH=3Dssh

Otherwise "rcmd" or "rsh" is used to access the remote machine,
then the "rscsi" command is invoked.  Documentation is a little sparse
on this method of access but it *appears* to be supported.

In the source packages check out cdrtools-2.0+a15/librscg/scsi-remote.c
for more information.

    Later,
      Mike Simons

--=20