[vox-tech] gmake and nmake <PLEASE ignore this thread, I'm stupid>

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:56:02 -0700 (PDT)

Jay obvious figured it out, but for the archives:

The GNU Make is often called `gmake`, even though the binary is called
`make`.  I sometimes symlink `make` to `gmake` if I have multiple versions
of make installed.

I think Debian doesn't symlink `make` to `gmake`, but as I recall I think
Redhat and Mandrake have the symlink by default.

nmake is a version of make made by Microsoft.  I think it comes with
Visual C++.

-Mark