[vox-tech] Perl CGgi scripts not executing -- RESOLVED

Eric D. Pierce vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:27:21 -0700

On 13 Jun 2003 at 14:14, Richard Crawford wrote:

> I don't do any actual programming in Cold Fusion.  I leave that to the
> developers ...

> > But hey, at least you're running it under Apache, huh? I presume
> > you're running it on Unix, then? We're a M$-only shop :( :( :(
>
> We're a Solaris shop up here.  Or we will be, soon.  My job has been
> overseeing the migration from NT/SQL Server to Solaris/Oracle.
>
> The NT->Solaris move has been traumatic enough (but we're here now, and we
> shall soon reap the rewards).  I'm not looking forward to the SQL
> Server->Oracle transition.  Ugh.

>From a SysAdmn viewpoint, or DBA viewpoint (or both)?

Out of curiosity, what do you think the major problems are
going to be?

I've never used it, but in case you don't know about it:

http://otn.oracle.com/tech/migration/workbench/content.html

If you are going to be supporting db-web developers, you
might want to check out http://www.odtug.com/subscrib.htm

regards,
ep

ps, hilarious & edifying (squid/mollusks!):

http://www.mossroot.com/mt/index.html