[vox-tech] Centeraly saving only some syslog messages?

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:16:34 -0400

--4mUolEm2oNas7DxE

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 09:34:24PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> Does anyone know how I could centeraly log the output of just one program?
> ie, syslogs from sshd s all get sent to a log server, but everything else=
=20
> stays localy logged only?

sshd_config(5)
=3D=3D=3D
     SyslogFacility
             Gives the facility code that is used when logging messages from
             sshd.  The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0,
             LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7.  The
             default is AUTH.
=3D=3D=3D

use above to have sshd log to level local5, then

/etc/syslog.conf
=3D=3D=3D
local5.*	@log.host
=3D=3D=3D

  Let me know how it turns out, like if you find a secure syslogd you
like (to encrypt syslog messages on wire).

    Good Luck,
      Mike Simons

--=20

--4mUolEm2oNas7DxE