[vox-tech] pc/104 board

MB vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:55:31 -0700

All,

I am looking for anyone with working knowledge of pc/104 boards.  I have
a 486 board with no apparent video output, but with 10MB network, and 2
pcmcia card slots ( with wireless cards currently ).  It seems to be
booting from a flash disk, and has a removable memory chip.  There is a
2.2 kernel on this device, and I would like to reconfigure the network.
Problem is:  I do not have root passwd or any local account. All I have
is https/http access.  There is a telnet server running, but I do not
have passwords.

The board I have is VERY similar to:

http://www.microcomputersystems.com/msi-cm486.pdf

I tried emailing them, but go no response.

I am looking for:

1. keyboard connection
2. serial port(s)
3. some way to just read/write the flash disk, and reset the root passwd

Thanks in advance,
Mark B