[vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:20:06 -0400

--FNX2SHge3qdlDajY

Jim,

  Two things...=20
 =20
- I should have written 'o' to power off, not 'q'.  Please try again=20
  with the correct key.

- could you log into the machine when X is disabled run 'lsmod',
  and verify that your running kernel is not tainted.  If the
  lsmod says your machine is still tainted send the output from
  lsmod here.

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:11:23AM -0700, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> --- Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com>
> >   The way to see 'not starting X' worked is to look at lsmod output
> > again, there should be no 'nvidia' line... and the 'Tainted:'
> > thing should say 'not tainted'.  If nvidia is missing but it says
> > something else please paste the output of lsmod again and I'll try
> > to figure out what else could be tainting.

--=20

--FNX2SHge3qdlDajY

--FNX2SHge3qdlDajY--