[vox-tech] debian login

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:02:58 -0400

--yr6OvWOSyJed8q4v

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:17:16PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I'm sure everyone will say this is not the way to do it, but...
> to avoid this (at least until you get X working), rename the soft links:

  Correct... that is not the best way to fix it.  :)

  If you rename /etc/X11/XF86Config and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to
something else the boot up scripts will not try to start X and=20
then the blinking will not happen.

  There are probably a dozen other ways to stop X from starting,
but the most likely reason it fails to start is the config file is
incorrect for this setup, so the file should be fixed or removed...
this is why I think renaming the files to something else is
the "best" solution.

  The files might only require a minor tweak to fix, so renaming
them is better than removing.

--=20

--yr6OvWOSyJed8q4v

--yr6OvWOSyJed8q4v--