[vox-tech] Unwanted ReBoot

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Jim Angstadt wrote:

> My RH 7.2 box is that way.  I must do a physical
> power off.  My RH 8.0 is NOT this way.

I'm no longer using an RPM-based system (and it was Mandrake, not RedHat
at that) but as I recall,

  chkconfig --list apmd

should tell you whether apmd is loading properly or not at your runlevel
(probably 3 if you're using console-only, or 5 if you're going into X
directly.)  You need apmd to power off automatically.

You can turn it on with chkconfig if it's not loading properly.  But I
don't remember what the command is to turn it on... probably `chkconfig
--on apmd` or something similar.  Check `chkconfig --help`.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/