[vox-tech] compiling tutorial

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:03:41 -0700

Pete

I am actually teaching myself c++ at the moment, with very little
previous programming knowledge.  It looks like your guide will be useful
to me; I just have to replace gcc with g++!

After a short peruse, it looks good.  I would recommend making a pdf as
well as a ps.  For us folks coming from the land of the GUI (which I
assume includes these high schoolers), we like to use Acrobat Reader.
Use a good dvi->pdf translator, such as dvipdfm.  I like pdf's because
the text is searchable and can be copy-pasted.

Jonathan