[vox-tech] Reg lex and flex compatibilty

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:53:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Muthumeena M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an input file for lex i.e a  file.l.
> In solaris, the lexer gives an output as file.yy.c  which is getting
> compiled without any compiler errors.
>
> Whereas when  i try the same in linux redhat 8.0,
> the lex command invokes flex 2.5  which also gives a file.yy.c as output.
> The problem comes in compiling this file.yy.c in linux.
> It gives many undeclared variable error.
>
> This could be bec of the incompatibilty bet lex and flex. Probably some
> make file option needs to be modified or added.
>
> Could anyone help me regarding this please?

Perhaps you don't have all of the headers and associated .c files that
contain the functions the author is calling?  It is also possible that
some flex translation options need to be set, but you would need to
provide a better description of the problem.. I haven't used lex in quite
awhile.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing