[vox-tech] KDE 3.1 update trouble

Cam Ellison vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:52:35 -0800

* Rusty Minden (clownsinc@attbi.com) wrote:
> I am having some trouble with an update I have done to KDE 3.1. Below is =
the error list I am not sure were to begin either to remove all of KDE and =
start fresh or to fix the trouble. I hope this is not to long a message.
>=20

You can run either `apt-get -f install` or `dpkg -i --force-overwrite
<file path and name>`.  That multiple installation of files happens
all the time, and in my experience is especially common with KDE.

Be sure that the overwrite problem is the only one before you use
`apt-get -f install`.  You're forcing installation, and the results
may not be predictable.  Mind you, though I've been cautioned about it
by others far more expert than I, I've yet to have a problem with it.

Cam

--=20
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
=46rom Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast
cam@ellisonet.ca
camellison@dccnet.com
cam@fleuryassociates.com