[vox-tech] newbie annoyed with tin

Katie vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:29:32 -0800 (PST)

Well, I did everything suggested, but when I put in tin -r it connects to
news.ucdavis.edu, but then gives me:

servers active-file contains no newsgroups
Exiting

and it takes me back to the command line.  Does this have to do with what
I did?

There was already stuff in the .bashrc file, but I added the line
NNTPSERVER=news.ucdavis.edu at the end of the other stuff.