[vox-tech] networking

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:42:42 -0800

The other problem with PPPoE is that it's not static; i.e.,
your IP address can change between connections.  This adds
yet another set of headaches if you want to run externally-
accessable services.

Much better to get a static IP if you can.  If you can get,
say, Pac Bell DSL, then you can probably find other ISPs
that use the same PB equipment and also have static IPs
(see www.dslreports.com).

remote system administration services.