[vox-tech] converting opera bookmarks to galeon

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 02:51:03 -0800

begin Troy Arnold <troy-vox@zenux.net>
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:16:18AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > 2. after i do that, is there a way to share the bookmark folder between
> >    galeon and opera so that changes made with one browser will reflect in
> >    the other browser's bookmarks?
>
> BTW, Opera 6.11 almost never craps out on me.  Feel free to mail me off
> list if you want to try and figure out what's going on.  It's likely
> font-related.  In the meantime, I think i'll apt-get galeon.

ok, i wasn't switching because i wanted to -- it was because i had to.

the segfaulting happened in 3 cases:

1. totally random
2. pressing the back button too quickly in succession
3. animated gifs

so i'm not sure it was font related (although anything is possible, i
suppose).

i was using 6.10.  i'll give 6.11 a try and see how it goes.  i'd rather
use opera simply because it's faster than any other browser on linux,
although if opera were to disappear tomorrow, i'd be almost as happy
with galeon.  those guys are doing a fantastic job.

thanks!
pete