[vox-tech] perl never ceases to amaze me

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:41:14 -0800

i might.   i know perl/tk and perl/gtk (both of which i think are also
cross platform).

tk is uglier than the ugliest sin, but gtk is beautiful.  but then again
perl/tk is MUCH better documented than perl/gtk.   i don't know anything
about wx, but perhaps i should look into it.

but to be quite frank, i've always run into 2 problems in writing GUI
programs in perl:

1. i can never understand how my perl programs work, months later, without
   a real concerted effort.

2. i've never been able to grok how to do multi-filed perl programs.
   it's not as easy as must typing "do file".  there are wierd scoping
   rules which i never really understood.  and GUI programs tend to be ...
   long winded.  even simple ones.

i've written some small perl GUI things, but between the two things
above, it's easier for me to write GUI stuff in C.   :-/

pete

begin Jay Strauss <me@heyjay.com>
> I don't know if this will interest you.  But you might want to check out
> wxPerl (and wxWindows) if you feel like doing perl GUI programming

(snip)