[vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

Alan H. Lake vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
17 Jan 2003 17:16:21 -0500

I'm not certain about the differences between StarOffice and OpenOffice,
but I'm using StarOffice and must frequently use M$ files.  I've done so
with success, but must confess that I haven't tried to do "everything".

One feature that does not "work", but is documented as such is where a
StarOffice file is versioned.  That works, but when the file is saved in
Word format, the versioning is lost.

BTW, I have a subscription to RedCarpet Express for < $10/mo.  It gets
me a faster server, support and a free copy of StarOffice.

Alan

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 15:26, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
<snip>

> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 11:16, Dick Ely wrote:

<snip>

> > Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> >
> > >Anyone out there spend a lot of time with Open Office, who'd be willing
> > >to help me fix some problems?

Lake Information Works
Alan H. Lake
6999 Dolan Road