[vox-tech] bridging subnets

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:18:50 -0800

I too confess confusion.  The reply question is, What are you trying to
accomplish with your setup?

Is there a specific reason that you need the 5 systems to have valid =
Internet
IP addresses?  Depending on the services you could move all the systems =
to an
internal network and port forward the specific network services you are =
using
to the internal 192.168.0.x network behind the Linux box.

To answer your specific question, all that 'needs' to be done is to add =
the
appropriate destination routes into your router table on the system =
doing the
NAT/routing.  However, that seems to be a bad idea.

I have one 'real' Internet IP address, but I port forward various =
services to
different systems as I need to in my own network.

-sp