[vox-tech] Cygwin/XFree86 question

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:14:48 -0800

I've got Cygwin/XFree86 running on my WinXP laptop, and I'm trying to
get a display from a remote session showing up in my Cygwin display.

I'm logged in to the remote server just fine via ssh.

However, when I try to run emacs, I get this error:

$ xemacs test.txt
connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory

...and when I try to run xterm, I get...

$ xterm
connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Assuming that I am the master of the remote computer in question, what
must I do on that computer to make this work?