[vox-tech] Laptop repair recommendations?

Karsten M. Self vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 05:14:45 +0000

on Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 08:24:21PM -0800, Henry House (hajhouse@houseag.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 11:35:29PM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > I'm looking for recommendations on laptop repair shops, preferably local
> > (North Bay, Sacto, SF, Oakland/Berkeley).  I've had very poor results
> > with the OEM of the unit in question -- it's a Compal N20U resold under
> > numerous names:  Dell, TuxTops, QLITech, Chembook, and scum-of-the-earth
> > ARM Computers.
>
> Had a great experience with Laptop Service King. You send the laptop to them
> by UPS. They diagnose the problem, call you, and repair it after you approve
> the work (or send it back with no charge beyond shipping, if you refuse).
>
> http://www.laptopking.com

Henry, thanks.  Playing with procmail about a month ago, finally tracked
down where messages were getting stored.

Peace.

   How to unwedge / disable your X display manager login:
     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/xdm-disable.html