[vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:15:38 -0800

The reciever is setup to use a block list by ip address.  So, lookup =
your MX
and/or IP Address in a lookup site. =20
For all potential email block/spam problems, I turn to=20
www.dnsstuff.com

The MX for dirac.org is 'mail.dirac.org'
The IP is 64.164.47.8'

Looking up the IP Address at DNSStuff gets you
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=3D64.164.47.8

Your IP is listed in spambag.org's email blocklist
http://www.spambag.org/cgi-bin/spambag?mailfrom=3Dpacbell

Pete, you spammer you. :) j/k
Best of luck getting off of it seeing as it is a PacBell IP netblock.
Your best hope is if 'netease.net' can whitelist your ip address.

-sp

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Jay Salzman [mailto:p@dirac.org]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 8:51 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

can someone give me a more useful description of the problem here?  who
is blocking whom?  it sounds like my MTA rejected sending email to
netease, but ORDB and tcp wrappers for exim (which i use) should block
incoming mail from spammers, not outgoing mail to spammers.

at least, i'm pretty sure about that...

pete

sorry for terse message, but i'm still on a 14.4.....

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System =
<Mailer-Daemon@dirac.org>
-----