[vox-tech] Getting apache 2.0.44 and mysql 3.23.54a to talk

Thomas Wieglenda vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:41:57 -0800

Hey all, I'm trying to compile the mod_auth_mysql module into apache using
apxs, but I keep getting errors when I try to compile.  Apache was
configured with DSO support, and PHP works just fine using the libmodphp
module, but the mysql module isn't working at all.  I get a bunch of errors,
starting out with:

195:25::mysql/mysql.h:  no such file or directory
221: parse error before '*' token
221: warning: data definition has no type or service class

ending with about 15 lines of

554:  warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression

then the final line is

apxs:error:  command failed with rc=65536

So, any ideas on how to compile the newest version of apache with the newest
version of mysql?  I want to use it for it's increased level of password
security and better management capabilities.

Thanks, Thomas Wieglenda