[vox-tech] radeon 9700 pro problems

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:16:41 -0800

I'm currently running Red Hat 7.2 with the latest 'up2date' packages (latest
kernel included). I can't get xwindows to start up and I'm running XFree86
4.1.0. The Radeon 9700 Pro isn't supported at the moment by XFree86 and I've
been reading online about lots of people having problems, with no real luck. I
have tried installing the driver from ATI's site but the rpm won't even run. I
don't have any snippets of log files right now or anything super specific about
errors because I dont have access to my computer right now. I did try tweaking
the XFree86-4 config file and selecting generic VGA cards in Xconfigurator, but
to no avail, it complained of memory issues on the card.

I was wondering if anyone has the exact same card and if they got it to work in
linux.

-ryan