[vox-tech] samba permissions issue

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:55:42 -0800

I have a public upload directory set up with permissions 775, where I want want
people in my 'users' group to be able to upload files.

Files that are uploaded are given permissions 755. Using ssh, etc, other users
can only read the files, like they should. However, I'm finding that over the
network neighborhood (winbloze), non-owners of a file that are logged in over
the network, but still belonging to the 'users' group, can delete any of the
files in the directory. I don't know why this is. smbd is currently running as
root.