[vox-tech] ext3 cluster size

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:12:29 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Ryan wrote:

> How can I check to see how large my hard disk cluster size is?

a) Hard disks have sector sizes... filesystems may have cluster sizes.
AFAIK PC hardware always uses 512 byte sector sizes.

b) The following command extracts data from a filesystem superblock...
as long as the superblock is okay, the command output should be okay:

  # dumpe2fs -h /dev/hdb5 | grep "Block size"

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing