[vox-tech] Seeking Monitor Color Test program...

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:33:00 -0500

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:03:38PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:43:22PM -0500, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> >   I'm looking for a program that will help test the system, by just
> > displaying a screen full of colors... I'm thinking if I can cycle through
> > and find certain colors that cause this it will be able to test other
> > components.
>
> I could write an SDL program that goes through all of the colors
> using SDL_FillRect()...

  Sounds great.  ;)

  I may be able to turn some small sample code into what I'd like...

(basically a delay before screen changes of 1/4 of a second, and the
ability to control how many pixels wide each rect is... defaulting to
1 pixel each, default to a fullscreen mode not window'd app, ability
to pick the color range that is scrolled over so that it's possible
to narrow down where the bad colors are, and the ability to print
color number to stdout for start/end of page.)