[vox-tech] Computer/TV dilemma

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:39:39 -0800 (PST)

Simplest setup is to use a standard computer monitor with standard cables.
ATI's video cards seem to be the best supported under Linux.  I use
Voodoo3 3500TV and find the driver not totally satisfying (many features
are broken.)

You probably don't want a good TV screen (like HDTV) in your kitchen
because the kitchen has a tendancy to lay sticky stuff on top of
electronics if you do a lot of cooking.

If you can find a HDTV that doubles as a monitor, and if you really want
it, I don't see why you couldn't get it hooked up...  a video card with
digital connector and a HDTV with a matching connector must exist
somewhere out there...

-Mark