[vox-tech] tinydns behind NAT firewall?

Shawn P. Neugebauer vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:24:51 -0800

Well, I'm finally getting around to setting up my own DNS server/cache,
and I've run into a problem.

Is it generally possible to run tinydns behind a (dedicated) NAT firewall
(a netgear RP114)?  The problem is that the name server wants to run
on an interface having the published name server IP address, but, of
course, it's behind a firewall masquerading as that IP address (thus,
the firewall is doing translation, so DNS queries could never make it to
the right interface).

I've been digging through google searches, without finding anything obvious,
so I thought I would ask out loud here before I dig deep.

shawn.