[vox-tech] testing kmail send

Jim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:11:01 -0800

On Friday 07 February 2003 11:47, Jim wrote:
> test (please work)
BWA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! I did it!  I have been having problems configuring m=
y=20
send parameters in kmail but now I think I have it licked!

I posted a concern under |linux or bust| stating that I was having proble=
ms so=20
I will describe what was the problem:

I was getting an error message   Sending failed:  Unknown host=20
sysmatrix.net~~~~~~The following transport protocol was used. =20
SMTP.sysmatrix.net.

There lied the problem.  I had SMTP.sysmatrix.net under name.  Heck, I ju=
st=20
put my name in and tried to resend another email but had a different erro=
r=20
message stating that the server rejected me  and the most likely cause wa=
s an=20
incorrect password.  So I checked again.  I found that I have placed unde=
r=20
log in name evesautomotive@sysmatrix.net.  Thinking that this might be my=
=20
problem I decided to to just use evesautomotive ( I used the whole email=20
address when configuring Internet Exploder and it worked), resent email a=
nd=20
wala, worked!

Grasshopper