[vox-tech] Booting From External Device

Richard Y vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:56:27 -0800 (PST)

--0-793933132-1072133787=:49656

I have tried taken out my internal HD (WinXP Pro) and put it in the external case, modified the BIOS to boot from external USB device first, and tried to boot it up with it. Not a chance! Because I am getting mix info from the web that some people said it's doable. And all I have to do is to get the BIOS to support external USB device and set it to boot with it first. I figure it would be very cool if that were possible. We virtually have a mobile desktop. Is that wonderful! So is that means we can’t boot from memory stick or external CD Rom?

I would like to do this with Windows XP, Linux and Mac OS X. Please give some ideas.

fastmoney